The Londonderry Historical Society was founded in 1971 as an organization to study the history of the town and the adjacent territory. In 1983 a Londonderry Historical Museum was opened in the town offices and in 1992 the Society accepted a bequest of the Bernadine Custer Sharp property on Middletown Road and expanded its mission to include preserving and managing a center for the arts. 2013 brought both arts and history together and the Londonderry Arts and Historical Society was born.
LAHS now comprises an 1800's farm house, barn and the Middle Town school house dating back to the mid 1880's.
During the summer months, art and historical exhibits are on display and opened to the public on Saturdays or by appointment. Historical lectures, movies, and local dinners are offered throughout the winter.
The Londonderry Arts and Historical Society Board
Annie Campbell- President
Mimi Wright- Vice President, Director of History
Garrison Buxton-Vice President, Director of Arts
Treasurer- Sally Ogden
Secretary- Elsie Smith